Call for Papers
Dear EURAM member and friend,
We hope you will join us, from 14-16 June 2023.
Our conference theme is “Transforming Business for Good”.
As the survival of our planet and humanity itself are threatened by unsustainable business practice, never before have management scholars been placed in such an important role in society.
As researchers, educators and thought leaders, business school academics cannot only play a huge role in helping to ‘Transform Business for Good’ but have a moral duty to do so. The youth of today and future generations are relying on business scholars to deliver on this challenge. A rapidly growing and large number of firms want to transform themselves to be good businesses: good as in ethical, good as in for good and hence eco-sustainable and good as in performance, for instance as measured and indicated by the SDGs. They want to transform for good not only because it is the right thing to do and one which is inspirational for both their workers and consumers, but because it is the new frontier of competition. Firms that won’t be able to deliver ethical and eco-sustainable goods and services at affordable prices will simply not survive.
In order to deliver this mission and sustainable strategic objectives, firms are turning to management thought leaders to guide them on best practice for humane, ecological, sustainable business which enables them to behave to high ethical standards, generate loyal consumers, meet ESG regulatory requirements and ultimately to be competitive in this new business environment. Many businesses want to be activists and actually become ethical leaders who drive this transformation and thereby playing a role in persuading consumers to adopt sustainable buying patterns.
To achieve all these objectives, businesses need each field of research in the broad portfolio that comprises management to create and disseminate new knowledge to Transform Business for Good. This involves both conceptual and empirical research aimed at enhancing knowledge about and for this objective. Therefore, we warmly welcome scholars to submit research to contribute to the 2023 EURAM Conference focused on this challenge and theme of Transforming Business for Good.
To submit your full paper to EURAM 2023
1. Explore the tracks sponsored by one of the 12 EURAM Strategic Interest Groups (SIGs) or by the Local Organising Committee and choose the topic and community that correspond best to your research.
2. Please respect the deadlines, especially the paper submission deadline: 10 January 2023 – 2 pm Belgian time.
3. Please, comply with the authors guidelines.
The paper submission is now closed.
I. Explore our SIGs and tracks (for more detail click on the SIG title).
For newcomers to our community: our 13 SIGs are the building blocks of EURAM. SIG Chairs and Officers nurture communities of scholars who are engaged in specific research areas. There are three types of Tracks. General Tracks are the overarching tracks of the SIGs. Standing tracks are ongoing conversations that you can join, and which will continue within a SIG for a number of years. Finally, every year there are Tracks that are selected in a competitive submission and review process (they may become standing tracks in the future if they prove to be of continued interest). Each SIG General Track invites contributions from all areas related to the SIG specific research area but which are not explicitly covered by other tracks within the SIG.
The deadline for the paper submission is 10 January 2023 – 2 pm Belgian time.
III. Authors’ Guidelines for Full Papers
To ensure that it is possible to publish your paper in the proceedings it is essential that all authors strictly follow the guidelines and formatting instructions for both preparation and submission of all papers.
For EURAM 2023, the abstracts and full papers will be published in e-format and for the latter, accessible for registered delegates only.
The proceedings will carry the ISSN 2466-7498 and ISBN 978-2-9602195-5-5.
Each paper will be screened to ensure compliance with EURAM’s guidelines.
Please read below instructions carefully prior to submitting and remember to select at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals your research addresses (UN SDGs):
1. Each paper can only be submitted to ONE track.
2. Submitted papers must NOT have been previously published and if under review, must NOT appear in print before the EURAM 2023 Conference.
3. To facilitate the blind review process, remove ALL authors identifying information (names, affiliations..), including acknowledgements from the text, and document/file properties (any submissions with author information will be automatically DELETED; author information and acknowledgements are to be included in the submission form).
4. The abstract should not exceed 400 words and should be included both in the PDF and the submission form.
5. Include 3 keywords in the submission form. A maximum of 6 keywords is allowed.
6. The entire paper (title page, abstract, main text, figures, tables, references, etc.) must be in ONE anonymised document created in PDF format.
7. The maximum length of the paper is 40 pages (including ALL tables, appendices and references). The minimum length of the paper is 10 pages. The paper format should follow the European Management Review Style Guide.
As an overall principle:
• For your abstract you may have up to 400 words.
• For your paper length, 40 pages maximum prevails over 9,000 words.
8. Use Times New Roman 12-pitch font, double spaced, and 1-inch (2.5 cm) margin all around.
9. Number all the pages of the paper.
10. No changes in the paper title, abstract, authorship, track and actual paper can occur AFTER the submission deadline.
11. Check that the PDF File of your paper prints correctly and ensure that the file is virus-free. Submissions will be done on-line on the EURAM 2023 submission system (platform opens on 1st of December).
12. Only submissions in English shall be accepted for review.
13. In case of acceptance, the author or one of the co-authors should be available to present the paper at the conference. A presenting author* can only present one paper at the conference.
14. If you submit a paper, you agree to review at least two papers for EURAM 2023 in the track you have submitted your paper to.
* ONE PRESENTING AUTHOR = ONE PAPER
Each individual is limited to one personal appearance on the programme as a presenting author. This policy precludes acceptance of papers for more than one presentation. In other words, an author can submit and present only one paper. However, a presenter can always be a non-presenting co-author on additional papers.
For more information, we invite you to visit the conference website.
Should you have any hesitation on which track to select for your paper, you may wish to contact a track chair by email to find the best fit for your submission.
For general questions, you may contact email@example.com.
Join leading thinkers and practitioners in Dublin, Ireland, to explore the opportunities and challenges of transforming business for good. In addition to a full and varied conference programme addressing multiple aspects of the topic, we offer a doctoral colloquium and a series of “labs” to showcase practical applications across various industries. A programme of visits and social events will provide participants with additional opportunities to network.
On behalf of the Local Organising Committee,
Andrew Burke, Conference Chair