SIG Session Format – uploading your short video teaser
All authors will present their papers live within their Track session which will be delivered via a Zoom meeting room which will be set up by the event organisers.
Presenters can share their screen to allow attendees to view their poster presentation as they present.
Attendees can use the “raise hand” function and chat within the Zoom meeting to ask any questions.
In addition to this, the author can include a short teaser video of their paper presentation, they would pre-record this short teaser (no longer than 2 minutes) and it would be available in the Paper Gallery for attendees to view. This could be used to give attendees some background information on the papers that will be presented within their allocated Track session. Please ensure you send your short 2 minute teaser to email@example.com by Friday 13 November.
We would recommend recording your 2 minute teaser video in a Zoom meeting room. To do this please follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to http://zoom.us and click on Sign In.
- You can use the “e-mail” and “password” that you have created or use your Google (Gmail or Google App) or Facebook account to sign in with.
- Note: If you do not have a current Zoom account, please click on Sign Up. It is free to create a new account.
- Once you are logged in, please click on ‘Scheduling meetings’.
- For further details on how to set up your meeting room, please refer to this video: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362413-Scheduling-meetings
Further detailed explanations are also provided on the above webpage and notably about automatically record meeting.
Once the Zoom meeting room has been accessed, the author can then prepare to record their short 2 minute teaser video. For further guidance on how to do this, please follow the steps below:
- Should you wish to share any slides or graphics from you screen – you will see a green icon at the bottom of the video panel that says – share screen. Your video panel will then move to the top right of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen you will see record – this will give you two options. Record to Cloud or Record to this computer. Select Record to this computer.
- In the top left of the video panel you will see the recording bar which indicates it is recording. When you have finished – click stop.
- End the meeting.
- Zoom will then convert this to a MP4 File which you can then upload for the next step following the instructions below. You can find your recording in the following location:
- This PC\ Documents \ Zoom \ Name of the recording session
- Please ensure you send your short teaser to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 13 November
For further details and screenshot visuals on how to upload your video presentation to either YouTube Studio or Vimeo, please click here.